© MMXVI/MMXIX - McGeoch Technology Limited - All Rights Reserved
Get In Touch
McGeoch Technology Limited
Lower Tower Street,
Birmingham B19 3PA
T: +44 (0) 121 687 5850
F: +44 (0) 121 333 3089
McGeoch’s Success Continues At Home & Abroad
Published 1st October 2019
As highlighted in our September blog, the annual British Industries Fair event was the perfect opportunity for McGeoch
to exhibit and secure orders for the company’s fast-developing range of products including both domestic and marine
lighting and ships’ brassfoundry being manufactured at the Warwick Works in Birmingham.
In 1956, there had been an impressive list of overseas visitors to the McGeoch stand at the event and many key contacts had
been established in countries where ships were being built. These included Belgium, Denmark, Egypt, France, Holland,
Israel, Norway and Sweden. Further afield in both Australia and Canada shipbuilding was also booming with buying offices
maintaining at least a sneaking preference for British made ships’ fittings however marked their political independence had
At home, the principal Clyde Shipyards still had enough tonnage on the stocks to contribute largely to McGeoch’s order
book. John Brown had ‘Saxonia II’, ‘Ivernia II’, ‘Carinthia’ and ‘Sylvania’ and Fairfield had ‘Empress of Britain’ to name only the
largest ships. Other British yards were also busy enough to supplement the company’s output substantially.
McGeoch’s reputation for high quality marine lighting and electrical control equipment successfully continued throughout
the next decade. Apart from a wealth of naval contracts, the 1966 order book included Kungsholm fittings for John Brown
and one of the company’s largest contracts for Queen Elizabeth II cabin furnishings which was to be completed by 1968.
This was to be a splendid climax to the company’s 136th year of business!
Queen Elizabeth II was built on Clydeside by John Brown Shipbuilders for the Cunard Steamship Company.
She was launched on 20th September 1967 by the Queen and began her maiden voyage on 2nd May 1969.
High integrity engineering solutions to exacting standards